Tuesday 14 May 2013

Vegan Mini Puff Pastry Parcels (Mushroom, pine nuts, sundried tomatoes and rosemary)

Ok I made these at Christmas but just found the pics! So I thought I'd put them up in case anyone wanted to make some tasty summer comfort pies ;)


They are actually super easy but really delicious and moreish. So don't say I didn't warn you, when 20 pies later you are lying on the floor in a pie coma. I warned you, but I don't blame you.

As usual, feel free to chop and change the ingredients as you please.


Ingredients

  • Pre-made puff pastry (most of it is vegan, just check the ingredients. I used Just Roll)
  • Rosemary
  • Sundried tomatoes
  • Pine nuts
  • Onion
  • Garlic
  • Oil 
  • Mushrooms
  • Vegetable stock power or salt
Method

You will also need a mini muffin silicone tray but feel free to improvise or just make bigger pies.

Firstly pre- heat the oven to about 200c or follow the guidelines on the puff pastry package.

Next, finely chop the onion and fry on a medium heat. While this is frying, chop up the sundried tomatoes, rosemary, garlic and mushrooms, also small. Add to the pan and cook through for about 5 minutes. 

While everything is frying, roll out the dough to about 0.5cm thick. Cut out squares that are bigger than the holes of the muffin tray. Place the squares in the muffin cases and push them to the bottom, the corners should be sticking out the top.

Stir the salt/ stock into the mixture and spoon it into the pastry. Put it in the oven and cook until the pastry is beautiful and puffed and golden. Will take around 20 minutes.

Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Holy crap--I just discovered your blog by doing a google search for lentil burgers. The stuff you have on here is amazing! I will definitely be following you regularly.

    I made your vegan lentil burgers by the way and I didn't have a carrot in the house, so I substituted a sweet potato. They still turned out great! I love that the recipe is open for herb seasonings of the cook's choice. anyone can make these and love them.

    Also, incidentally, I am working on a farm in the States this summer, and one of the farming families is mad about nettles. One of the first days I was here, they served me a quiche with nettles in it for dinner. Tasty stuff, and really nutritious, I've been told.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Natalie and thank you for your lovely comment! I've been busy a lot this summer and so I have only just updated the blog for the first time in months. I hope you will continue to check it out though. Check out my latest recipe for coleslaw it is tasty :)

      Best wishes, Issi.

      Delete