Wednesday 10 October 2012

Tortilla Wrap!

Not really a recipe, but thought I would share anyway.
Mm... tortilla... really asks for calories right? 
This is the one I made for lunch:
When I was making it I wasn't planning to do it as a post and so you can't really see what I've put in it...

Just looks like salad and mayo here right?

Yum yum yum.
This wrap actually contains:
A whole baby avocado
Cherry tomatoes
Chutney
Vegan mayo
Crunchy salad mix
Fresh basil (tons of it!) 
Fake turkey slices

Mmm. It was really missing a good old pickled chili or 2.

If you fill it up loads (like me) and want it to close, just fry (with no oil or with a little oil, your choice!) the tortilla on each side for a min and it will close much easier.

The other day, I got home drunk and made the most AMAZING tortilla wrap! 
From what I can remember, this is how it went.
Fried the tortilla wrap on each side, when it was still in the pan I added grated vegan cheese to it, which melted a bit (I get mine from Holland and Barrett if you're interested!).
I then set the tortilla a side on a plate and fried some red pepper and spinach in the pan. When that was cooked I put it on the wrap. Umm... my memory is getting hazy but I think I next added some sun dried tomatoes, fresh coriander, vegan mayo and HP sauce. Perhaps also pickled chilies! But whatever, it was DELISH. Drunken tortilla making= a butchered coriander plant in the morning :(

So the moral of the story (post) is to always include ALL the vegetables and sauces you can! The wrap is not complete if there isn't stuff falling out of it.






No comments:

Post a Comment